- The Sunday Telegraph: In his Keynote speech at Conservative Party Conference, George Osborne will say UK has allies in its push for more liberal regulations from Brussels.
- Mail on Sunday: Oil giant BP has failed to persuade a US appeal court to limit the compensation payouts for the Deepwater Horizon oil rig disaster, leaving it exposed to hundreds of million or even billions more in claims.
- The Independent on Sunday: Chancellor George Osborne should prioritise investment in Britain’s thriving creative industries, such as the arts and advertising, according to a new report from think tank IPPR.
- Mail on Sunday: Posh popcorn has boosted the performance of snack maker Tyrrells, which saw sales jump by almost a quarter last year.
Business and economics
- Mail on Sunday: Storm-damaged small firms are being offered emergency short-term, interest-free loans from a £250 million fund launched by NatWest and Royal Bank of Scotland.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Jaguar Land Rover breaks sales record; the UK-based car maker, owned by Indian steel giant, Tata, said sales had been boosted by strong demand for the new Jaguar F-Type and Range Rover Sport.
- Mail on Sunday: Britain's booming middle-size firms are being urged to tap a Government scheme offering them up to £5 million a year as demand for finance continues to far outstrip supply.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Total's shale deal could be worth six months of gas; £35 million investment from French energy giant could provide 1.5 trillion cubic feet of gas.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Andrew Bailey and Lord Levene to give Co-op evidence; Deputy Bank of England Governor and rival for Co-op takeover of Lloyds 'Verde' branches to appear in front of Treasury Select Committee.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Ocado revival lifts Lansdowne Partners; Lansdowne's flagship $10 billion hedge fund, which is run by Stuart Roden and Pete Davies, rose 33% last year.
- Mail on Sunday: Heathrow Airport is set to report that it handled more than 5.6 million passengers in December, adding weight to the regulator’s claims that higher numbers justify a cut in take-off and landing fees.
- Mail on Sunday: Pressure grows on FirstGroup as activist arrives in UK; Swedish billionaire Thomas Sandell flying into the City to meet investors next week to win support for his plans.
Share tips, comment and bids
- The Sunday Telegraph (Questor share tip): Hays shares rise on UK jobs recovery; the largest recruitment firm in the UK is enjoying a strong recovery in the UK jobs market, says Questor.
- The Sunday Telegraph (Questor share tip): Aim-listed wine retailer Majestic Wine enjoys strong sales over the festive period, says Questor.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Financial tech firm HiFX looks for £100 million sale; Money transfer firm has appointed PwC to run the sale as private equity groups compete for purchase.
- Mail on Sunday (Comment): The time is now right to raise the minimum wage as a signal to those who have been hit hardest by the squeeze that they have not been forgotten.