- The Sunday Telegraph: Royal Bank of Scotland’s future is likely to centre on a UK retail banking and business lending with limited international exposure.
- Mail on Sunday: A massive £6.6 billion of new lending will be offered to small and medium-sized businesses by Royal Bank of Scotland and NatWest.
- The Sunday Telegraph: The Online takeway service Just-Eat eyes £900 million float; Just-Eat considering selling only 10% of business on LSE's new growth platform.
- Mail on Sunday: Britain’s biggest bank, HSBC, is set to announce that profits built on the back of the booming housing market have topped its pre-financial crisis record at nearly £15 billion.
- Mail on Sunday: HSBC is set to announce world staff bonuses totalling just under £2.4 billion for 2013 according to a report today.
- The Sunday Telegraph: BP nears deal to lift ban on US contracts; oil giant could once again be allowed to bid for new contracts with US government.
Business and economics
- Mail on Sunday: The wine and spirits industry is launching a campaign calling on Chancellor George Osborne to cut duty in this year’s Budget.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Business lobby group CBI asks UK Chancellor to help businesses drive forward the recovery.
- Mail on Sunday: The chief executive of the troubled Co-operative Group has given the clearest indication yet that donations to the Labour Party are likely to be scrapped.
- The Observer: David Cameron has opened a new front in the increasingly fraught battle to keep Scotland in the UK by warning that the future of the North Sea oil and gas industries depends on the combined strength of the union.
- The Sunday Telegraph: BMI pensioners face tax 'double-whammy'; £84 million cash compensation by Lufthansa to ease pension losses is now subject to tax.
- Mail on Sunday: Properties owned by UK pensioners are now worth more than £800 billion, with the over-65s seeing the value of their homes rising by £7,100 on average over the past year.
- The Independent on Sunday: A young designer is facing the prospect of a David and Goliath legal battle with Marks & Spencer after the retailer began selling framed wall prints that she claims are almost identical to her own work.
- The Sunday Telegraph: RSA to cancel dividend after fraud and floods; the insurance group to cancel payout and unveil fund raising to bolster capital position.
- Mail on Sunday: Proposals to set up a tough new regulator able to force North Sea oil giants to collaborate to maximise oil production are likely to win backing from the Government tomorrow.
- Mail on Sunday: The booming FTSE 100 index of leading companies could this week finally exceed its dotcom peak as investors await a £14 billion boost from Vodafone’s sale of its stake in Verizon Wireless.
Share tips, comment and bids
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tip): Shareholders of financial firm Mattioli Woods who bought six years ago have done well and could sell a quarter of their stock to bank some profit; however, the shares should continue to perform, making the stock a comfortable home for long-term investors.
- Mail on Sunday (Midas share tip): Buy broker WH Ireland as rich return to the markets.
- Mail on Sunday: Supermarket giant Morrisons’ beleaguered management team is preparing to mount a fightback that includes plans to return up to £1 billion to shareholders.
- Mail on Sunday: Online appliances firm AO and fashion phenomenon Boohoo are expected to float within weeks, elevating their Manchester-based founders to the ranks of the global dotcom glitterati.
- The Sunday Telegraph: Dollar fall cuts Vodafone windfall by £110 million; exchange rates shrinks payout from third largest deal in corporate history.
- The Sunday Telegraph (Comment): McEwan’s legacy at RBS can be one of positive change.
- The Sunday Telegraph (Comment): Ukraine's economy more fragile than its uneasy peace.