View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a760076
Private equity firm hits back at Brooks Macdonald in legal dispute
by Robert St George on Jul 04, 2014 at 08:13
Origo responded that it ‘remains committed to attempting to work with Brooks Macdonald to achieve a mutually acceptable resolution to both the first complaint and the second complaint’.
Origo’s £92 million portfolio is concentrated in the resources and cleantech sectors. In August 2013, the firm announced it would make no new investments but focus on realisations at ‘the right time and right value for shareholders’. Its share price has plunged by 83% over the past three years.
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
The Citywire guide to investment trusts
Investment trusts have proved to be a highly effective way to invest in the market. Citywire has interviewed the experts to find out more.
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
Look up the shares
Look up the investment trusts
More from us
- Out of this world: Origo plans landmark Mongolia fund
- Brooks' FUM to hit £4.5bn on Arch Cru fund manager buyout
- Brooks Macdonald boosts Taunton office with AXA Wealth hire
- Profile: Brooks founder on why the industry has been behind the curve
- Brooks teams up with tech firm to lighten advisers' workload
- Brooks Macdonald Funds hires Scammell for new international role
- AA-rated Cross & Fosh up Brooks Macdonald stake above 16%
- Brooks signs outsourcing deal with major accountancy chain
- Brooks Macdonald closes in on £6bn discretionary milestone
- Brooks Macdonald buys Jersey wealth firm DPZ Capital
- Chris Macdonald: we don't fear FCA in-house funds probe
On the road
J.P. Morgan Elect on investment growth, income and cash. More information on J.P. Morgan investment trusts.
by Robert St George on Jul 23, 2014 at 10:02