View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a759833
Rathbones boosts research team with Julius Baer hire
by Robert St George on Jul 02, 2014 at 10:54
Rathbone Brothers has recruited a global equity specialist from the Merrill Lynch Wealth team that was acquired by Julius Baer in 2012.
David Harrison has joined Rathbones as a global equity analyst on the firm’s wealth management side, but will also work at Rathbone Unit Trust Management.
Harrison had been at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management and then Julius Baer Portfolio Managers since 2011, having been appointed initially as a portfolio manager in Merrill Lynch Wealth’s discretionary arm.
Prior to Merrill Lynch, Harrison was a portfolio manager focusing on the European and UK markets at Hermes, having worked previously as a pan-European equity portfolio manager at Close Wealth Management and an equity analyst at Goldman Sachs.
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
Look up the shares
More from us
- Julius Baer reunites ex-Merrill Lynch director with discretionary team
- Julius Baer to transfer over Merrill Lynch's UK clients
- More than 1,000 jobs may go as ink dries on Julius Baer-BofA ML deal
- Rathbones hires two as Bond steps back from Recovery fund
- Rathbones' Coombs: 'If Dobell had a trust, we would buy tomorrow'
- Rathbones board member steps down to join Close
- Rathbones hires investment manager from S&W
- Nick Train backs Rathbones on sharp rerating conviction
- Rathbones buys law firm as it continues hunt for opportunities
On the road
by James Phillipps on Jul 23, 2014 at 14:34