View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a570232
Threadneedle eyes platform launch to exploit RDR
by Jun Merrett on Feb 29, 2012 at 12:22
Asset manager Threadneedle is looking to join the growing execution-only platform market to take advantage of the advice gap created by the retail distribution review (RDR), writes Jun Merrett.
Our sister publication New Model Adviser® understands the fund group has been in talks with platform provider Cofunds over white labelling its offering after the two companies worked together on Threadneedle’s internal staff ISA platform.
The fund group is now looking into how to broaden the offering to the wider market. Gary Collins, head of UK wholesale at Threadneedle, said: ‘Inevitably RDR will open up many opportunities in the market and we have begun exploring the possibility of a direct offering for our clients.’
Rival fund manager JP Morgan (JPM) is currently the only fund group to offer an execution-only platform. Campbell Fleming (pictured), Threadneedle executive director, was previously managing director at JPM and oversaw its platform launch.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
More from us
- FSA said to order report into suspect Threadneedle trade
- Police probe attempted $150 million rogue trade at Threadneedle
- FSA warns advisers of Mifid impact on execution-only rules
- AXA Wealth launches execution only platform for advisers
- IFA in talks with Fidelity and JPM over execution-only platform
- Cofunds launches stocktrading service with Barclays Stockbrokers
- JP Morgan to launch online platform at the end of 2009
- Threadneedle eyes execution-only platform launch
On the road
on Mar 07, 2014 at 13:36