View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a434964
Wednesday Papers: Genzyme chief signals departure - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Sep 29, 2010 at 04:30
* Genzyme’s chief executive, Henri Termeer, could step down next summer and ease a takeover of the biotechnology business by Sanofi-Aventis of France.
The Lex Column
* Tablet unlikely to solve RIM malaise - The BlackBerry maker needs to convince shareholders it has a clear strategy.
* Rare earths - China has a dominant grip on the market for coveted metallic elements.
* Michelin - Deeply discounted rights issue punctures share price.
* Man Group - The world’s biggest listed hedge fund group faces a tough second half.
* Brazilian asset management - Biggest groups scramble to get in on the game.
* Mail’s money man earns access to higher places - No catastrophe at Lloyd’s - Lehman’s lost lots.
News sponsored by:
Ian McVeigh and Steve Davies, managers of Jupiter's UK Growth fund, talk about their predictions for the UK equity space. Click here to watch a series of sponsored interviews with Jupiter's fund managers on the UK equity market.