Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a434964
Wednesday Papers: Genzyme chief signals departure - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Sep 29, 2010 at 04:30
* Genzyme’s chief executive, Henri Termeer, could step down next summer and ease a takeover of the biotechnology business by Sanofi-Aventis of France.
The Lex Column
* Tablet unlikely to solve RIM malaise - The BlackBerry maker needs to convince shareholders it has a clear strategy.
* Rare earths - China has a dominant grip on the market for coveted metallic elements.
* Michelin - Deeply discounted rights issue punctures share price.
* Man Group - The world’s biggest listed hedge fund group faces a tough second half.
* Brazilian asset management - Biggest groups scramble to get in on the game.
* Mail’s money man earns access to higher places - No catastrophe at Lloyd’s - Lehman’s lost lots.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Aberdeen Live supplement: Fundamentals point to ongoing flows and solid returns from EMD
After a record year for inflows and market-leading performance in 2012, emerging market debt has taken a large step towards the mainstream. Our recent debate covers the outlook for the asset class this year and where opportunities can be found.