View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a434964
Wednesday Papers: Genzyme chief signals departure - tips, comment and bids
by Himanshu Singh on Sep 29, 2010 at 04:30
* Genzyme’s chief executive, Henri Termeer, could step down next summer and ease a takeover of the biotechnology business by Sanofi-Aventis of France.
The Lex Column
* Tablet unlikely to solve RIM malaise - The BlackBerry maker needs to convince shareholders it has a clear strategy.
* Rare earths - China has a dominant grip on the market for coveted metallic elements.
* Michelin - Deeply discounted rights issue punctures share price.
* Man Group - The world’s biggest listed hedge fund group faces a tough second half.
* Brazilian asset management - Biggest groups scramble to get in on the game.
* Mail’s money man earns access to higher places - No catastrophe at Lloyd’s - Lehman’s lost lots.
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop