Citywire printed articles sponsored by:
View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a711369
Why this wealth manager is sticking with emerging markets
by Elsa Buchanan on Oct 29, 2013 at 14:54
Looking ahead, he expects the region to fare better, despite lower growth forecasts for China. ‘Although the region has performed less than it might have done previously, it is still growing. We shouldn’t throw the baby out with the bathwater just yet.’
In the US, where markets have experienced a strong run over the past few years, Gillibrand anticipates good news to follow the announcement that Janet Yellen will replace Ben Bernanke as chair of the Federal Reserve.
‘Markets like Yellen as she seems pro-quantitative easing. We could see some good pickups,’ he explained, adding that global equities could also benefit from stronger US markets.
Gillibrand anticipates cash to be a drag on global performance, as he doesn’t expect rates to rise in the ‘foreseeable future’.
News sponsored by:
Today's top headlines
More about this:
Look up the funds
- Invesco Perpetual Emerging Countries Acc
- Newton Asian Income GBP Inc
- Marlborough Special Situations
- Liontrust Special Situations Fund (R)
- Baillie Gifford European A Acc
- Old Mutual North American Equity A Acc
- First State Global Property Securities A GBP Acc
- Legg Mason Japan Equity A
- M&G Strategic Corporate Bond A Inc
More from us
On the road
by Danielle Levy on Dec 06, 2013 at 07:46