View the article online at http://citywire.co.uk/wealth-manager/article/a758363
Woodford buys major holdings in tech trio from Invesco
by Robert St George on Jun 23, 2014 at 14:35
Woodford has also allocated approximately £12.5 million to RM2 International, a Luxembourg-based pallet innovator that listed on AIM in January.
The CF Woodford Equity Income fund began trading last week, but Woodford has yet to reveal how much he raised during its offer period.
‘We don’t believe it would be sensible to announce the total amount raised for the fund immediately for reasons of market sensitivity and to protect investors in the fund,’ he explained.
‘However, we will announce this figure once the portfolio has largely taken shape and we expect the portfolio to be substantially invested by the end of June. In the interests of transparency and keeping our investors informed, we commit to providing full disclosure of the fund’s holdings on our website on a monthly basis.’
Woodford added: ‘I intend to proceed in a careful and considered manner, with a strong, disciplined focus on valuation – I won’t buy any share for the portfolio unless I view its valuation as attractive.’
News sponsored by:
As the UK coalition government strives to rebalance the national economy, so called 'reshoring' looks set to play an increasingly important role in economic recovery.
Today's top headlines
With talk on interest rates on the horizon, our latest roundtable debate covers income investing against a changing backdrop
More about this:
Look up the shares
- ReNeuron Group PLC (RQE.L)
- E-Therapeutics PLC (ETXP.L)
- Benchmark Holdings PLC (BMKB.L)
- Revolymer PLC (REVO.L)
- Imperial Innovations Group PLC (IVO.L)
- RM2 International SA (RM2.L)
Look up the fund managers
More from us
- Woodford: 'There are compelling opportunities in unquoted tech'
- Woodford plans 'more concentrated' fund for second launch
- Woodford & Invesco back venture capitalist's £150m fundraising
- Woodford seeks talks with Invesco on multibillion-pound share deal
- The Woodford Woodstock: rock ‘n’ roll funds
- The bank which convinced Woodford to break 10-year habit
- Woodford reveals new fund fees
- Woodford factor: how much will star’s offer period attract?
- Neil Woodford video: I will build a firm fit for 21st century
On the road
on Jul 24, 2014 at 10:59