R&M to press on with pay plan despite shareholder revolt
River & Mercantile is to press on with a controversial pay settlement despite more than 25% of investors rejecting the proposal.
- The Expert View: TalkTalk, Berkeley and Rightmove
- 'Arrogant and complacent' funds taking £35bn in excess fees
- EY: 10.5k City jobs still at risk of Brexit
- Overnight Markets: Tech stocks help Wall Street close higher
- Tuesday Papers: Europeans issue warning to Trump on tax overhaul
- Carthew: the fliers and flops of the trust class of 2017
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: 25 pet peeves
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: inside fund buy lists 2
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the final 25 giants
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the penultimate 25 forces
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the next 25 heavyweights
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the first 25 big guns
- CISI slams FCA plan to scrap Approved Persons Register 5
- Is the auto industry the next ‘Big Short?’
- How to make a compensation payout last a lifetime 1
- Déjà vu all over again: tax avoidance or criminal activity?
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
Scottish hikes dividend as contrarian calls bring in cash
Christmas comes early for shareholders in Scottish Investment Trust which raises dividends by 48% saying fund manager Alasdair McKinnon is generating more income than expected.
- Carthew: the beneficiaries of Blue Prism’s inexorable rise
- Star healthcare manager quits after harassment claims 6
- Investment Trust Watch: Independent premium warning 2
- Bankers and HINT managers on the up at Janus Henderson
- US monetary tightening risks recession, says Seneca 1
- Bennett: probably the best expensive market in the world
- AA-rated Veysey's pick of the fallen angels
- Janus Henderson AUM climbs 5% as integration beats schedule
- Bank of England lifts rates for first time in decade
- ESG no longer means no returns, say Liontrust bond duo
- Janus Henderson hires Columbia Threadneedle bond boss Cielinski
- Fed prepares to unwind $4.2 trillion in bond holdings
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Inflation hits six year high as prices keep rising
Inflation has hit a near six-year high in November to 3.1% according to the consumer price index (CPI) measure.
Mark Barnett - part 2: why I'm not buying Lloyds
In the second part of our exclusive video interview, Barnett explains why he has no intention of buying Lloyds, and where he sees the greatest income opportunities.
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
Joffy’s Journal – Common mistakes made by investors
Jonathan (Joffy) Willcocks looks at the three common mistakes many people make when thinking about their investments.
Profile: JM Finn on why the future is with financial planners
There is a lot of work on pension consolidation and Sipps have been a big driver there, says JM Finn chief executive