Dear chancellor...A dozen Autumn Statement wish lists
With George Osborne set to announce his Autumn Statement on 25 November, we asked our readers what they would like to hear.
- Richard Buxton: 2015 - a year to forget
- Travel stocks drag down FTSE on Paris terror fallout
- What does the new Japanese recession mean for investors?
- Coutts Private Office director departs 1
- Global equity income manager exits Sarasin in reshuffle
- Henderson launches Europe income fund for AA-rated Sheridan
- Do you need to play the brand game to get ahead?
- Are risk profiling systems limited and oversimplified? 2
- Frying pan or fire: managers' oil/miners dilemma
- James Sullivan: flying kites in a thunderstorm
- Discretionary direct: if you build it, will clients actually come?
- Is investment trust liquidity the ultimate barrier to entry?
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Davy AM hires manager for Global Brands fund
Jonty Starbuck joins from T Rowe Price where he was an analyst.
- Tuesday Papers: Pfizer's $155bn Allergan deal set to prompt tax row
- Trust Insider: now it's won, what does Sherborne want from Electra? 1
- Hurley Partners research director John Smith passes away
- Henderson's Curtis: why housebuilders are in a sweet spot
- Sandaire appoints responsible investment head 1
Dispelling the sustainable investing myths
There's a bit of a buzz around sustainable investing at the moment. We speak to three wealth managers to find out what they think.
Take 5: M&G Episode Income
Citywire’s senior investment analyst Nisha Long talks to M&G Investments’ Steven Andrew about the importance of sustainability in the multi-asset income space and how US banks could prove to be a good diversifier in the face of interest rate rises
Profile: why Jamie MacLeod turned to private clients
Many considered it a left hand turn when MacLeod left product origination in 2010 to become the head of a smallish distributor
Hermes: the passive threat to shareholder power
Will Smith stands down from City Natural Resources trust
Vertical integration challenge: how to manage potential conflicts
Woodford calls for Glaxo break-up
Schroders’ Marriage: I'm back in a ‘nice place’
After the commodity bull, what will be the next FTSE supercycle?