Jim O'Neill: Northern supercity should get same powers as Holyrood
The man who coined the term 'Bric' has called for the creation of a northern supercity, 'ManSheffLeedsPool'.
- HSBC censured for 'bundling' small business loans
- Baby boomers prefer to spend wealth than pass it on
- FCA extends short-selling ban on Portugal Telecom
- The Expert View: ASOS, Devro, Informa, Ladbrokes & Reckitt
- Wednesday Papers: Banks fined €94m for part in two cartels
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street extends rally on earnings
- John Spiers: 'Now is the greatest opportunity I've seen in wealth management'
- Is Jeremy Grantham right? How to navigate the beta desert
- Time for a system upgrade? Proprietary versus off-the-shelf 1
- Stewart Cowley: 'If that’s wrong, I don’t want to be right' 1
- Post-Tesco: can you believe company accounts?
- Is Schroders a sell? BofA analysts warn on regulatory risks
- Can fund performance predict a market rotation?
Beware the potential pitfalls of taking a senior role in wealth management
With expectations of further public censures relating to suitability and mis-selling, are the personal risks now too high for those in senior wealth management roles.
JPM’s Negyal: Back divis to temper EM volatility
Omar Negyal, co-manager of the JPMorgan Global Emerging Markets Income trust, says a dividend approach to emerging markets reduces the volatility of investing in the asset class.
Profile: The adviser that tempted Robin Minter-Kemp on board
It is rare to meet an impassioned individual who is willing to bang the drum for investment advisory right now
Why wealth management is booming in the Midlands
Six months in the life of Charles Stanley’s new Cardiff office
How Thesis is evolving in a changing environment
Lunch with Toby Carpenter of Psigma
Why Brooks Macdonald prides itself on recruiting, training & retaining graduates
Citywire North brings region’s wealth managers together
Back to school and back to business
Skittish world market underplays impact of Ebola outbreak in Africa
East Anglian wealth firms enjoying today, planning for tomorrow
Lunch with Simon Walker of Quilter Cheviot
Vestra Partnership helps clients deal with life’s questions
Lunch with Bob Devine of Sturgeon Ventures
Rowan Dartington programme nurtures young potential
Lunch with Ashcourt Rowan’s Stephen Walker
Rathbones’ Winchester office engages with local youth
Lunch with GHC Capital’s Paul Harris
In Yorkshire with le Tour de France
Lunch with Andrew Main of Stratton Street Capital