The 13 names on the FCA's 2017 naughty list
Its been a busy year for the FCA: who's getting coal in their stocking?
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: 25 pet peeves
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: inside fund buy lists 2
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the final 25 giants
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the penultimate 25 forces
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the next 25 heavyweights
- Wealth Manager Top 100 2017: the first 25 big guns
- CISI slams FCA plan to scrap Approved Persons Register 5
- Is the auto industry the next ‘Big Short?’
- How to make a compensation payout last a lifetime 1
- Déjà vu all over again: tax avoidance or criminal activity?
- Should wealth firms consider TV advertising?
- Data protection dilemma: how to tackle Mifid II and GDPR clash
Investment Trust Watch: nemesis of JPMorgan knocks on small-cap trust’s door
Boaz Weinstein, a New York hedge fund manager who bet against JPMorgan and won five years ago, is positioned to make a tilt for its UK smaller companies trust.
- Ian Cowie: I’m patiently awaiting Woodford’s recovery 17
- Proof that investment trusts beat funds 80% of the time 9
- Vietnam Holding: there's easily another 50% in the market
- Barnett-backed Ranger takes another knock from Princeton 1
- 'No room for complacency', says Henderson Alternative
- David Horner: the power of ‘splits’ and patient investing 1
- AA-rated Veysey's pick of the fallen angels
- Janus Henderson AUM climbs 5% as integration beats schedule
- Bank of England lifts rates for first time in decade
- ESG no longer means no returns, say Liontrust bond duo
- Janus Henderson hires Columbia Threadneedle bond boss Cielinski
- Fed prepares to unwind $4.2 trillion in bond holdings
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Sunday Papers: Poundland showdown with key creditors
And Lloyds taps £20 billion of Bank of England funds to boost profits rather than lending.
- Overnight Markets: Healthcare and bank stocks pull Wall Street down
- Friday Papers: Murdoch reshapes media empire with $66bn Disney deal
- A new passive approach to track earnings momentum
- Alpha Atlas: where in the world to find 2018 outperformance?
- Kames' Snowden: 'All I want for Christmas is… a bond market sell-off.'
French fund CEOs: 'Brexit is a lose-lose situation for all of us'
'We'll all lose out - but London is an international city, Paris is not.' Leading French asset management CEOs tell us what they think Brexit will mean for the investment business.
A VIEW FROM THE DESK
Joffy’s Journal – Common mistakes made by investors
Jonathan (Joffy) Willcocks looks at the three common mistakes many people make when thinking about their investments.
Profile: the evolution of WH Ireland through its buy list
The evolution of WH Ireland may be epitomised by the career of its research boss