US fund giant on brink of £400m Hermes buy
Federated Investors is reported to be close to a deal for Hermes
- Hargreaves Lansdown tax win could return £15m to investors
- Aberdeen Standard inks £3.7bn funds deal with Virgin 2
- Jacob Rees-Mogg's boutique reaches out to Europe with funds deal
- Top 30 under 30: Class of 2018 set to be revealed
- Fidelity: what's got Plc boards feeling so happy?
- BBC employee attempted suicide after tax avoidance crackdown 2
Facebook fall could be ‘trigger’ for something bigger
Alasdair McKinnon, contrarian manager of Scottish investment trust, hopes yesterday’s drubbing of Facebook shares is prelude to significant shift in investor attitudes.
- Sarah Godfrey: do investment trust discounts matter? 3
- RM Secured Direct zeros on fund raise with 6.5% yield
- BlackRock LatAm and CYN propose dividends from capital
- Renewables Infra raises £58m despite dividend change
- Rothschilds’ fintech trust misses IPO target 1
- Go USA! Baillie Gifford managers eye ‘unique’ growth prospects 5
- Pound surge continues as GDP spike surprises
- Inflation dips to 3% as indicators suggest peak passed
- Rathbones: where to find growth in a desynchronising world
- JPM switches sectors on £1bn bond mandate
- Diary of a digital investor: should I worry about my bond ETFs?
- AllianzGI hires Columbia Threadneedle duo for US bond team
- Fixed income ETFs are spreading risk through financial markets 1
- JP Morgan unveils three bond ETFs
- Allianz GI launches passive/active US fund into UK
- JPM hires three senior ETF staff as it expands Euro reach
- BlackRock assets climb above $6tn on record inflows
- Ex-WisdomTree bosses hire duo for new ETF platform
Read the latest issue of Citywire Private Office, the new online magazine, here
Overnight Markets: US stocks rebound despite continuing tech sell-off
Energy sector aids Wall Street advance after oil prices surged more than 2% to touch a three-week high.
- Tuesday Papers: Data woes knock nearly $37bn off Facebook market value
- The Expert View: William Hill, Hammerson and Workspace
- Overnight Markets: Wall Street sinks after Facebook leads tech sell-off
- Pound's surge knocks FTSE on Brexit transition deal
- Ex-Barclays boss put in sole charge of State Street ETF arm
Boutique tapes: if you want a Ferrari, you have to pay for it
In the second part of our four-part series, boutique bosses are asked how they can justify the fees charged by active managers.
Profile: why GWM believes in life after Lloyds
Lloyds Private Banking duo Chris Payne and Tom Milson left the company two years ago after deciding to act on their belief that ‘we could do it better’